Tuesday, January 06, 2009

In Dedication to My Boyfriend

I start this post knowing that you, my audience, are not reading this. I know this because I haven't written in ages and what I have written hasn't been very exciting. If despite my boring topics and my lack of writing you are still reading this I feel a bit awkward. I assumed that this would be a private conversation between my nonexistent audience and myself. If you truly do exist then I'm afraid you're invading my privacy. But who am I kidding, your not reading this. No one is. And "No one" wants to know what I've been up to so I'll get to the point.

Like any punk-kid attending college I've had the past few weeks of school off. During most of this time I have accomplished nothing. But in my spare time I had a minor social-life, a ridiculously part-time job, and I spent time with family. My social life is on the ground bleeding from a hit-and-run that took place months ago. I'm afraid it might be terminal. It doesn't have long. But I cherish every moment we spend together. Right now we are hanging out with my friend Roy, and his girlfriend Stacy. (Yes, I know Roy and girl.) He's a great kid, but I'm afraid my social life might only have a few days left and I don't know if it wants to spend his last moments playing video games. It's been fun, but if my social life is going down I want it to go happily. It needs to spend time with those it loves.

Bus-boy! It sounds a bit like a super heroes side-kick. Half bus, half boy, all crime fighting machine. But atlas it is not so glorious. I clean up peoples tables after they finish eating diner food at The Bad Waitress in some-what uptown Minneapolis. The place is nice, the food is good, and the staff is great. The problem is I don't work much. 17 hours a week. Which means I'm not making near enough money to move out of my prison with no-rent and into an wallet-raping one bedroom apartment with rights. No freedom for me. Yet.. Enough about work.

My family. I have one too. I'm not just some crazy Satan spawn. Although that's not what my sisters would say. It is part of this family that I spent Christmas this year. In fact a vary small part. My sister Jaime and Kim were both in New York over the holidays. My Mom decided to take a shift at work for some guy so that he could see his kids. (Isn't she nice?) So it was just my Dad his brother, sister, mom and me. It was calm and sweet. Eggnog and green-chili. A holiday couldn't be more perfect.

My social life is calling for me and a feel I must leave... Bye.

No comments: